1½ cups banana, mashed (about 3 large, very ripe)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut oil, warm
2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup almond meal*
1/3 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup add-ins: cacao nibs, dark chocolate, goji berries, sour cherries, candied ginger, orange zest, cranberries, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blend bananas, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Set aside.
- Whisk together oats, almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the add-ins.
- Drop dollops of the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes.
* You can make almond meal in a food processor or high-powered blender, by gently pulsing a cup of almonds. Be careful not to over process or you’ll be making almond butter cookies!