Tasty vegan sushi rolls complete with cauliflower rice, avocado, veggie fixings of your choice and a delectable pistachio miso dipping sauce.
Many don’t realize that the dark greenish paper wrapping around traditional sushi is actually a variety of seaweed called nori. High in trace minerals and amino acids, nori is delicious and highly satisfying. Once you get your rolling technique down you’ll be a sushi-making machine and loving every minute of it!
Pistachio Dipping Sauce
This sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a week. It makes a tasty stand-alone dip for a veggie snack.
½ cup pistachio
¼ – ½ cup water
1 tablespoon miso
- Combine thoroughly in a high-powered blender.
The ingredients below are just a sample of what to put in a veggie sushi roll. Have fun and be creative. There is no limit to what you can add!
2-3 sheets nori
2 cups cauliflower
½ an avocado
1 small carrot
½ red bell pepper
1) Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it resembles rice. You can add a dash of tahini, sesame oil or rice vinegar to give it structure. Set aside.
2) Slice vegetables (except mushrooms) into thin strips. Set aside.
3) Lay nori sheet shiny side down and spread cauliflower rice evenly, leaving an inch on one end. Place a thin layer of vegetables over cauliflower, leaving an inch on the end. Try not to build them on top of each other, but lay them across side by side. Sprinkle Enoki mushrooms across the top of vegetables.
4) Have a small cup of water handy. Using both hands, start rolling. Try to keep it as tight as possible. As you get to the end, dab some water along the one inch edge. Finish rolling, sealing as you go.
5) Cut into 4-6 pieces, or as desired.