These pecan turtles were my take on the rich and scrumptious candy I grew up loving. They come together surprisingly quick with less than six ingredients! Raw honey is an alkaline-forming food that contains natural vitamins, enzymes, and powerful antioxidants. Lucuma is anti-inflammatory and loaded with iron. Cacao is anti-oxidant superfood. Pecans are rich in fiber and loaded with protein. Coconut butter boosts immunity, metabolism and is full of healthy fats. Enjoy!
2 cup pecans, divided
3 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed
Pinch of salt
- Process 1 cup pecans into a course flour, about the texture of cornmeal.
- Drizzle in melted coconut oil.
- Line a cookie dish with parchment paper. Using a 1-inch scooper, spoon small mounds onto the cookie sheet. Pat to form a flat oval.
- Gently press a pecan on each corner to form the turtle feet. Pop in the fridge to set while preparing the filling.
½ cup raw honey
½ cup coconut butter
2 teaspoons lucuma powder
- Put honey and coconut butter in a small bowl and place over gently boiling water to soften, stirring often. Remove from heat and continue stirring to blend.
- Divide filling in half. Set one aside and stir lucuma into the remaining half.
- Pop in the fridge for a few minutes. The longer it cools, the less it will spread. After it has cooled dollop one teaspoon on top of each turtle.
Other half of reserved fill
1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Add cacao to reserved filling, blending well.
- Spoon one teaspoon ganache over honey mixture.
- Refrigerate turtles to set. Taste great frozen, too!
Optional: sprinkle tops with flaked salt